cat! pants!

see catpants. see catpants craft. craft, catpants, craft!

Monday, December 18, 2006

On the 12th day of Christmas...

Oh, how I love having crafty family members! My wonderful aunt Ruth just sent me an enormous box full of goodies: knitting needle cozies, knitting patterns and magazines (with patterns for knit birds and pears!), beautiful roving, a wire candle decoration, a kit for a felted coin purse, and a "dinkel sheep."* And probably more that I'm forgetting, but the point is: she's fabulous and I am spoiled!

I also want to post a picture of a nestlace I made for Craftster millik for a personal swap, because I think it turned out really nicely. The "eggs" are red with black speckles, and the clasp is a leaf toggle.



In return she sent me a tote bag featuring both Ramona Quimby AND straps long enough to fit over my shoulder when I'm wearing my wool coat -- perfect for winter!

I set up my Christmas tree last week and have yet to get a decent photograph of it due to the camera's batteries being dead and my inability to locate the battery charger. So, there may not be any photographic evidence of its awesomeness/Charlie Brownness before it completely dries out. You'll just have to trust me that it is the Best Tree Ever.

Now I just have to figure out when exactly I'm going to finish everyone's Christmas gifts, considering that I'm working or visiting family every day until Christmas Eve! Time to get to work...

* Dinkel refers to a certain family in Alaska whose sheep's wool was found in my aunt's attic. The dinkel sheep referred to in this post is a little ceramic votive-holder sheep whose votive-holding spot now holds a felted ball of dinkel wool. Make sense? ;)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Ruth said…

    What a beautiful nestlace! I enjoy seeing the things you create.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home