cat! pants!

see catpants. see catpants craft. craft, catpants, craft!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The ants go marching

Last night I finished the hat I was making for Mr. Catpants (hooray for internet semi-anonymity!) and, not to toot my own horn or anything, but it's pretty damn fabulous. I used Mission Falls 1824 wool in "heath" -- absolutely wonderful to knit with, it was like a massage for my fingertips -- and modified a free pattern I found to make a hat large enough to fit his giant noggin.

Also last night, I managed to knit a few rounds backwards (and skipping a needle) on the socks I'm making for myself. I'm so irritated that I don't even want to look at it right now. That'll teach me to knit when I really just need to go to bed.

In other news, I'm squished in between the stereo and the bookshelf, as we had to move my desk last night in order to spray pesticides all over the baseboards. That's right, the ridiculous amount of rain we've had is causing flash-floods in Tillamook AND floods of ants in my living room. I always thought the ants were supposed to go marching down, to the ground, to get out of the rain, not up into my house to party on my desk.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    the part about the ants cracked me up! make him wear the shirt and the hat and take a picture!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    dude, I read those lyrics in keeping with the song. With music. In my head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home