cat! pants!

see catpants. see catpants craft. craft, catpants, craft!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My wrists are warm!


I finally finished my lovely alpaca wristwarmers. I am so proud of myself! It took about two months just to figure out how to knit in the round (thanks, Shauna!) but once I got going, they only took about four hours each. They're so cozy and just in time for the freezing rain we've got going on here. On the downside, they have a tendency to fuzz all over the place. Yesterday someone looked at my (black) coat and asked, "so, how many cats do you have?" What could I say? The fuzz you see here is mostly yarn-related, but yes, I do live in a four-cat household.
I'm thinking I should post a picture of Rusty (the new feline addition to the household -- solely Marc's doing) since he's the one who has thoroughly derailed my skinny scarf project by stealing my yarn and reducing it to a hairy mess. I keep telling him, "you're cute now, but nobody's going to like you if you keep doing this stuff when you grow up."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Shauna said…

    cute! I like the color :) Why is it that some alpaca yarn fuzzes all over and some doesn't? The green stuff I knit my sweater out of doesn't drip fuzz, but the black shawl I knit is horrible--little black fuzzballs EVERYWHERE.

    Tejas wants Mary Lou. :) Don't let him have her though (no pets allowed).

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    last night i got caught in the rain and discovered that alpaca yarn and rain DO NOT mix! it made it get even fuzzier.

    and you've just given me a fabulous idea for your wedding gift... here's a hint: it rhymes with "scary blue." ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home