cat! pants!

see catpants. see catpants craft. craft, catpants, craft!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Ooh Baby!

My penchant for instant gratification has led to an overwhelming interest in knitting for infants. Behold:




Hat and booties for my cousin's baby, due in a few months. Please excuse the streak of marker on my thumb.



My first hat made for the Caps to the Capital project. The yarn was sent to me by devilninny for a swap on Craftster. I'm also making a pair of booties with it, which will be for my cousin's baby as well.

The first meeting of my knitting group (composed of myself and a few other girls from school) was supposed to be tonight, but two of them had possible schedule conflicts and outside the weather is looking ominous -- there's even a "wind advisory" in effect -- so I'm kind of happy to just stay home and be cozy.

And before I forget: my wonderfully crafty aunt has started a craft blog! Hooray!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Shauna said…

    I suppose I should knit something for that baby too...but I've disliked that cousin ever since she wouldn't let me play ball with her and the other cousins when I was three and met them for the first time. Hold grudges? Me? Never!

    Wanna have a charity knit-a-thon sometime when I'm back in Portland?

    And can you tell me where to find the bootie pattern? I have a couple but they're for DK yarn and my only superwash at present is worsted...

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    i honestly don't remember ever actually meeting her, but i'm sure i must have at some point!

    the bootie pattern is here: http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-stay-on-booties.html

    very easy and they turn out pretty cute, in my opinion. i'm making another pair with the crazy yarn i used for that second hat.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Ruth said…

    Hi girls! I'm testing how to leave a comment. The quilt is all done but sewing the label on the back...I'll add a picture tomorrow. I think I have some yarn for caps, but the bead project is next on the finish list!

    The booties are cute!!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Ruth said…

    Hi girls! I'm testing how to leave a comment. The quilt is all done but sewing the label on the back...I'll add a picture tomorrow. I think I have some yarn for caps, but the bead project is next on the finish list!

    The booties are cute!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home